-
May 4th, 2004, 10:46 PM
#91
Inactive Member
The only reason the North bullied them was because the South had slaves.
-
May 4th, 2004, 10:51 PM
#92
Inactive Member
I think they sort of thought of Southerners as these lower than dirt farmer kind of people because they wouldn't modernize in terms of slaves, industry, culture, among other things.
Kekeke, we are learning Civil war history in school right now.
-
May 4th, 2004, 11:23 PM
#93
Inactive Member
Some may have, but not all of them.
Which they were correct in thinking because well, the South was.
-
May 4th, 2004, 11:54 PM
#94
Inactive Member
Yep. They were too "Gee, I sure am tired from beatin slaves. Can I have some lemonade?" and not enough modernization.
-
May 5th, 2004, 01:15 AM
#95
Inactive Member
What annoys me about the Confederate Flag is that people wear it on shirts like it should be something to be proud of.
They say "Dixie Pride" "Southern Heritage" and other crap, now before you accuse me of being some yooper or stuck up yankee, I was born and raised here, so I have a right to say it. :-p
But it is quite st00pid.
-
May 5th, 2004, 02:43 AM
#96
Inactive Member
yea i hate the ppl that wear the confed flag as if its something that doesnt mean anything other than souther pride.... if it was the case then you would see proud southern black folk wearing it as well, and ofcourse you dont see that happening =__= and dont doubt that the northerners were racist as well, its just that there were enough abolishonists to make a difference
but the civil war is far more complicated than the slavery thing
-
May 5th, 2004, 09:29 AM
#97
Inactive Member
No, its cool Nev. I'm from OHIO. You don't get much more uptight yankee than us.
-
May 5th, 2004, 08:46 PM
#98
Inactive Member
IRT Cav: Yea it is more complicated, but a lot of it had to deal with slavery, although not completely, some of it was because Lincoln was elected president, and some other reasons.
IRT CBA: I actually like people up north better than I do those down here, they all seem nicers. And people that talk about "Southern Manners and Hospitality" are full of it.
-
May 6th, 2004, 02:38 AM
#99
Inactive Member
yea aint that the truth? lol
-
May 6th, 2004, 09:10 AM
#100
Inactive Member
Nah, we've got loads of bigots up here. Loads...
A bunch of suburban mofos who don't get enough attention from their parents get into nazism and other racism and stuff. Lots of gay bashing violence.
We also make the best tires in the world.
Go Goodyear! Er, sorry I had to say that...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks